Sunday, March 26, 2017

Mozart and Roku

Being of the generation that grew up with channels 2,5,7,9, 26 and 32 (if you're over 50 and grew up in Chicagoland this makes sense), the whole concept of streaming took a while for me to get accustomed to. The Roku device that arrived at my door sat in its package for many months. Then, after my daughter convinced and guided me to set it up- it sat in its forgotten HDMI 2  spot on the back of my TV for a few more months. I'm not a huge TV watcher to start out with, and then, it took some time for me to transfer my TV habit from, "I wonder what is on?" to "I feel like watching..." and enjoy the  freedom streaming provides. I slowly dipped my toe in the streaming pool by revisiting some faves from my youth  like "That Girl" with Marlo Thomas and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and found great comfort in the nostalgia. Then I discovered "Mozart in the Jungle."So fun! So a world I do not know! Thirty minute episodes so no huge time commitment, though I have indeed spent 3 hours straight no problem. The characters, the relationships, the music! The addiction! Any fellow slicers get what "playing with blood" means?

No comments:

Post a Comment